Wednesday 1 October 2014

Know your limits, RUN FOR HELP

I am adept at the doing a lot of things  despite my obvious physical challenge. I drive, cook, clean, wash and only glean myself off certain chores by pretending my arm is aching(which it does sometimes but not enough to make me an invalid). In all, I am downright independent and celebrate that fact with gusto.
Lara Croft
In as much as I appreciate my strengths, I also know my limits. I know when its okay to ask for help in areas where others are more proficient. In fact I gladly ask for help without thinking twice, no shame, no pride, just common sense!

I walked into my house today only to find a bird trapped in my chimney. After getting over the shock, two things came to mind. 1. Abandon the whole building and let the bird take over or 2. Run for help. In the scheme of things, option 2 seemed better. It never crossed my mind to chase the bird myself because 1. I am not an animal lover, can't bear to come near any or even touch any. 2. I was downright scared. Without much ado, I ran to my neighbour's, explained the situation and got the help I needed.


 Well he did the work while I was jumping round the house like a banshee.
It didn't matter that I was barely familiar with my neighbour. He is an animal lover and the best person to handle my "bird" problem. It would have been foolhardy to have called any of my other friends in that particular situation as they were all scaredy cats like myself.

Asking for help in difficult situations is not foolishness but simple common sense. Unfortunately according to my dearest pastor "common sense is not common". The truth hurts but denial doesn't lessen its efficacy.
Pastor Olumide Emmanuel(Truth of Calvary ministries)

 In the face of life's many challenges its wisdom to turn to God. It's the absolute right thing to do. There is a scripture for every situation, a solution to every problem and answer to every question, if only you'll make the effort to seek it out. "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you with my victorious right hand" Isaiah 41:10.
Running for help is not a sign of cowardice but recognition of ones limitation. Admitting a need for help saves one from stress and frustration in the long run. It takes courage to admit you are neither Superman not Wonder-man even they have areas of weaknesses. Moreover they are fictional characters, figment of somebody's imagination.  Be a good sport and stop stressing out! Run for help, you'll be amazed its just a prayer away. "now this is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us.And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask,we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him", 1 John 5:14-15




No comments:

Post a Comment