Now today's post.
I'm all about goal setting but don't feel so pressured to achieve your desired plans that you'll sacrifice your morales for them. Its not healthy for you or any one at that. Do your best and leave the rest to God as the saying goes. This is no excuse/ reason to be shoddy at your plans or not make any efforts at all. I simply mean you don't have to sell your soul or hurt others in your efforts to achieve your goal."what will it profit a man to gain the whole world and los4 his soul" Mark 8:36. Neither should you be selfish or cut corners to be fulfilled or successful. Don't put yourself under pressure and don't put others under as well. Do what you can! Go the extra mile but with wisdom.
In Genesis 24, Abraham gave his servant an assignment to find a wife for his son isaac. The servant who was not overly familiar with God's covenant with Abraham(he was not as convinced as his master) became worried about the responsiblity placed on him as the instruction was specific "go to my country and to my own relatives. Get a wife for my son" vrs 4.
The servant was concerned that the intended woman might not want to return with him to which Abraham responded and this inspired this article. "the woman may not want to come with you. If she doesn't, you will be free from your promise but don't take my son back there".
In essense Abraham what meant was
- don't kidnapp the girl.. lol-be righteous in your dealings
- don't take my son back there-don't fall back into sin to achieve your goals
- Come back home if your mission fails-If you encounter difficulties in your plans feel free to re-evaluate, re-strategise and re-trace your steps back to the beginning
- Abraham freed him from the oath-your goals are not tied in stone. you can readjust them. No need to comprise your values
- Abraham understood that the covenant was between him and God not the servant. He also understood that he needed the young man to achieve his goal but Abraham was not going to force him. He rather encouraged him and trusted God for good success for his servant