Monday 8 September 2014

True mark of maturity.

I read somewhere that "hurting people hurt others" and I've discovered that statement to be hugely true! Statistics show that most people who have a tendency for abuse had at sometime experienced some semblance of abuse themselves-an apple does not fall far from the apple tree the saying goes. There is no excuse whatsoever to inflict pain on others no matter the provocation as I believe we are the product of our choices. We can choose to either dwell on the errors of others or forge new frontiers for ourselves, the choice is yours- you have the choice to be better than your past, toxic environment, alcoholic or bickering parents and to chose more positive options. The purpose of this discourse is that in the face of certain situations don't just jump into conclusion about people but leave room for errors. Sometimes people act in error because they do not know any better, they are hurting or simply having a bad hair day! I greeted a lady the other day and she plum ignored me! I was clearly embarrassed as it wouldn't be the first time she'd give me the cold shoulder.
www.bezambee.com

 Luke 6:27-31 - Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.  If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also.  If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.  Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.  Do to others as you would have them do to you".
 My first reaction was to never greet her again after all I'm a "bigz girlz" too...what's her story? Well her story was she was really having a rough time as a single parent coupled with other ...ishes! She may not be handling her "...ishes" well but that's not for you and I to judge but show Godly kindness and love.
I have learnt not everybody deserves a piece of your mind nor every situation your response. Everyone wants to be the "bigger person" well being the "bigger person" may require silence instead of a tirade of well intended advice/opinion, saying sorry when you are obviously wronged just to maintain peace. True maturity is not merely descriptive tag but a conscious act in the wake of touchy situations! that my friend takes Grace and wisdom. "A person's wisdom yield's wisdom but it's to your glory to overlook an offence" Proverbs 19:11.
The next time I ran into my friend at the bank, i walk up straight to her and said "hello". Despite her "...ishes" she smiled and said hello with gusto! 

No comments:

Post a Comment