Wednesday 26 February 2014

A glimpse of Heaven

I had a glimpse into the love of God today. No! it had nothing to do with food though lunch was a delight-spaghetti and meatballs and yes, I cooked it..lol.(not real picture displayed below. Ate mine before writing this post #hungerthings#) I was reading John 17 and trying to understand the kind of love God has for the world. its indescribable, inexplicable and inexhaustible(wow..who knew that someday my B.A in English would eventually pay off..lol). Christ loves us the same way God loves him. The same love the father poured into the son, He also has poured into us. A love that is kind,generous, gentle, full of grace and above all keeps no record of sin. That is why Jesus was able to forgive those that crucified him instead of blinking his eyes and obliterating the whole lot of them sniggering mob..lol. Stephen understood this love too and what applause he got at his death."But Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit. He looked toward heaven, where he saw our glorious God and Jesus standing at his right side. Then Stephen said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right side of God". Jesus stood to welcome this faithful servant. The world will never understand why a child of God would choose forgiveness and mercy over punishment to those that hurt them or choose to bless instead of curse. It is simply because we are in the world but not of the world. YEP! WE ARE ALIENS ALRIGHT..LOL. YOU ARE DIFFERENT IN A GOD KIND OF WAY. I almost OD'd on verse 13 "I am coming to you now, but I say this things while I am still in the world so that they may have THE FULL MEASURE OF MY JOY IN THEM". Someone please call 911!! since we have a full measure of the Joy of the lord in our heart then there is obviously no room for hatred, bitterness, unforgiveness, depression and a whole lot of negativity. Hallelujah!! I feel like giving the whole world a big hug. Now who's first in line

No comments:

Post a Comment