Monday 24 February 2014

One more P.U.S.H

It had been a very long day and the last thing I wanted to do was read Josh his bedtime story or pray at that. All I wanted to do was crawl under my cosy bed covers and sleep the day's stress away. My church had celebrated its monthly praise night and I'd been in heels all day...the ladies know what I'm saying- beauty aint for the faint hearted! To crown it all, Josh was in his element-he just wouldn't go to bed and unfortunately I was only in the mood to play bad cop but he would have non of it and neither would I. Ignoring his tantrums, I dragged myself to bed without reading him his story which made matters worse. You see, routine is very important to autistic children and Joshua has his. we have a ritual of reading a bible story each night and he loves the bible characters and the adventure they had-the unfolding stories was an adventure for us too as I dramatise every action. But not tonight!! I was too tired to play or pray. Bed time prayers was a routine for me too especially these past few weeks but not tonight! I needed to sleep. Just before, I hit the snooze button, I got this gentle nudge not to break the cycle that I'd taken ages to form despite my tiredness. I must tell you, it wasn't an easy decision but I dragged myself to my son's room and read him his story. True to form, the story calmed him and he gradually drifted to sleep. That night I prayed albeit sleepily and got the answer to a knotty issue that had been troubling me...HALLELUJAH. Its so easy to give up when things are not working out as planned. You wonder why you should smile when all you want to do is cry. Truth is, IT IS HARD. However,imagine a pregnant woman who'd carried her unborn child for nine months giving up mid labour because of the pain..ludicrous isn't it? The midwives don't tell her to give up but encourage her to give it one more PUSH. She ignores the pain and pushes, anxious to see her baby. Jesus gives the perfect example for not giving up and we are encouraged to emulate him. Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb 12:2 Gradually one push leads to another and another eventually the baby comes out. Sometimes all it takes is one more PUSH. If you take a closer look at your circumstances you've invested too much to simply throw in the towel. God does not give up neither should you. Are you about to quit on that person, project or situation? Don't!! The answer might just be one push away. Pray Until Something Happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment