Thursday 13 September 2012

Take Charge, Don't glide.

"twenty more seconds to go", the man screamed at the top of his lungs while 8 or so ladies struggled on their bikes in a desperate effort to keep pace with the slave-driver-like trainer! phew!, i muttered under my breath as my ample rump slipped off the saddle. With sweat smattering my eyes, I pushed my very tired body to the end of the spin class. Talk about total body workout. It had been gruesome but I survived the 45 minutes spin class despite my body almost giving up on me and my brain taking a stroll mid session(has that never happened to you? My brain does that often when I find myself in an uncomfortable situation doesn't yours? You must be an alien then.serious!. Catching my breath and pretending not to be totally fagged out, I glanced at the other ladies shamelessly sprawled on the floor with no form of dignity whatsoever... lol. I couldnt help but burst out with laughter at the antics of a particular blonde who kept moaning out loud and swearing off chocolate for the rest of her life. yes, chocolate was her guilty pleasure but the consequence was diabeties, high blood pleasure and a nagging continous back pain. Most of us in the class did not join the gym to maintain a perfect size 8 or whatever size is being celebrated in fashion magazines but it stemed more out of a desperate need to save our lives. I'm not being dramatic here but only stating the obvious. heart disease, clogged arteries are just some of the consequencies of obesity. After my post on spirit controlled weight loss, I procastinated a bit until I saw a recent picture of myself on facebook. truth be said i wasn't shocked rather very disappointed at how I looked! how did I allow myself to glide into self destruction because that is what obesity is-A DOWNWARD SPIRAL INTO EARLY DEATH!. A spoonfull of pudding here, extra portion of eba there and late night eating not to forget my inability to say NO to food. the initial gratification is good but the end result is what I'm desperate to shed. Gal 5:16 "So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves". The flesh desires gratification despite the ensuing consequence(s)ie the eyes see it, the mind conceives it, the body desires etc. but the end thereof is death(obesity, high blood pressure, diabeties). Most obese people are emotive and cumpulsive eaters. when the balance of their enviroment is disrupted, they seek solace in food but Psalm 29:11 states that "God gives His people peace". It takes the holy spirit to live healthy lives and cultivate a healthy lifestyles. My body is the temple of the holy spirit and therefore deserves respect. It is so easy to make excuses for our weaknesses and inadequacies but the undeniable truth as found in proverbs 24:33-34 says"a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man". Poverty of the flesh in terms of sickness and disease, for some untimely death if not controlled on time. The choice is yours and mine to make! I know the journey ahead is ardous and requires commitment and discipline but I'm determined to take charge of my life and not glide myself to an early grave by satistying the desires of my flesh and that includes pre-marital sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment