Tuesday 1 September 2015

Do Over.

Wow! It's amazing how time flies. Seemed just like yesterday when the new year was ushered in. Well, it is  said time does fly when you're having fun and its been an amazing year but it's not over yet
 So welcome to the month of September.
 I'm excited about this month because of what the lord has in store for me. I have an amazing word from the lord and i'm hankering to share  with you but you have to be patient. Remember,  patience is a virture, a fruit of the holy spirit and fruits are good for you..TRUTH.

Today is a beautiful day and it's not simply because of the weather. It's beautiful because of the assurance in God's word and His presence, nothing else does. It is  beautiful because we've been given the opportunity to make right the errors of yesterday.  You see yesterday started on a crazy note for me. For reasons I can't begin to explain, I thought my son was back in school on the 31st. Unlike his usual happy self, he woke up cranky and reluctant to take his bath which in turn got me cranky and crazy. I screamed, he screamed and the whole situation went downhill. Given my son's peculiar needs, this wasn't  a great way to start school!  Stomping down the stairs like  naughty child, my eyes caught his school calender on the wall and I realised my error. Josh's resumption date was 1st of September not 31st of August,silly mummy! Believe me it felt like i'd like i'd won the lottery! This over zealous mum apologised to her Lil boy and made up with his favourite meal. I was happy for a lot of reason but chiefly because I'd been given the chance to start the first day of school all over again.
Don't we all love a fresh start? A new beginning devoid of drama in whatever form. A new day brings it with a fresh perspective and an opportunity to make right the wrongs of yesterday or improve on the goodness enjoyed. "With man this is impossible but with God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE " Matthew 19:26. A do over is nigh impossible with man but with God its easy peasy!  However, God will not force His will on you but requires your invitation and cooperation. Don't waste today. This new month is a gift; it's like a blank canvass and you hold the brushes and paint to colour it in the varied and vibrant colours of the rainbow. Let the holy Spirit guide your hands. Embrace every opportunity. Forget the past and love a little more. Be adventurous.
Are are you ready for a do over? How badly do you want a change? If you are ready  I am. Let's get started.
Tips for a do over.

  • Be tired of the old toxic thinking and bad attitude 
  • Get rid of stinking thinking and unproductive emotions, relationships 
  • Be ready and accept change.
  • Laugh more, stress less. " be anxious for nothing " Phil 4:6-7
  •  Choose the company you keep " he that walks with the wise shall be wise but the companion of fools will suffer harm" Proverbs 13:20.
  • Do something that makes you happy. ie  exercise, learn new skills, etc.
  • Live for a purpose. Discover your purpose and pursue it
  • Live passionately and purposefully. 
Let the transformation begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment