|Photo credit: www.answers in genesis. Org.|
Sin destroys!! After a wrong deed is done and the euphoria of conquest dissipates, what is left is like a sour taste at the back of one's throat with dire consequense and that's putting in it lightly.
Truth is, sin will cost you! It will cost you your peace, honour, relationships, health. Sin comes with a price-a deadly one at that!
So how can we escape the conundrum of sin? How can man differenciate between right and wrong? The answer is simply through God's Word and the Holy Spirit.
"When Jesus ascended into heaven, He sent the Holy Spirit to be our guide. We need Him! We need his guidance to make wise choices and not become trapped by sin that hurts us and damages our relationship with Jesus. The Holy Spirit is with us, available all day long with the wisdom we need to live the rich and satisfying life Jesus wants for us" Lynn Cowell.
God's plan for his children has not changed. The abundant life of unbroken fellowship is possible with the help of the Holy Spirit. So before you take that bait, before you eat that proverbial "forbidden fruit,put it down and reconsider the consequence. Before you make that decision, think twice, It'll do you good.
TIPS FOR OVERCOMING TEMPTATION.
- Flee temptation...don't argue or try to browbit the situation
- Identify areas of weakness
- Seek Godly help and counsel. Create an accountability network.
- Think of the long term concequence.
- Take yourself out of the situation .. 2 Timothy 2:22
- Measure your action in line with God's word.
- Remember you can't do it alone.
- Depend on the Holy Spirit for guidance, wisdom and help.