Saturday 24 July 2010

What you think about matters.

I woke up this morning upset.For reasons i couldn't fathom i was angry. Joshua's smile and early morning antics only made matters worse. i searched my mind for the cause of my annoyance and found no logical reasons for the dark clouds. Could it be because I have not studied or read my bible properly in two days, i wondered. Shrugging off my bed covers, i went downstairs to make breakfast for the lil boss. The innocent boy was unaware he was treading on dangerous waters as he kept skipping and bouncing around me almost tripping me more than twice. I sighed as i poured milk into a bowl and placed it in the micro wave.
I made up my mind instantly while watching the milk warm that I'll not allow this dark cloud loom any larger. i began praising God and switched on the radio in the living room. Sweet melodious christian song gently filled the house and my heart and slowly my countenance lifted.
The devil cannot rob me off the joy of another day. I have purposed to always adopt an attitude of praise no matter the situation. Joy is a precious gift from God to His children that is not determined by circumstances or situations. Paul and Silas were determined not to be overwhelmed by their prison experience but chose to praise God anyway.
Thoughts are like seed that gradually blossom when watered either with faith or fear. A seemingly mindless concern about the future can become a full fledged worry or frustration if not nipped in the bud.We read in 2 Corinthians 10:5 that we should cast down "arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."
We need to learn to deflect every form of worry or negative thinking with the word of God and choose to live a joy filled life.Phil 4:8"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things". our thoughts must glorify God as Almighty and All sufficient father. Anxiety limits God. I had cause to worry about a medical report recently but i later shook off the feeling and encouraged myself in the lord. my doctor is not God. only God has the final say over my life-no one else does. the word of God is the final jurisdiction over all that concerns me.
What you think about matters. In the book of 2 cor 6:7, God acknowledged David's desire to build him a temple because it was in his(David's) heart to do so.
So, i am determined to guard my heart and mind and hold every thought captive that wants to exalt against the knowledge of God.
If the word of God says it then i believe It.....Why Worry?

No comments:

Post a Comment