Gratitude simply means thankfulness or appreciation for kindness shown.
Luke 17:11-19, tells how Jesus healed 10 lepers and only one returned to show appreciation. Before the healing they shouted with a loud voice " Jesus, Master, have pity on us". After all is said and done only one returned to show gratitude. If gratitude was not important Jesus would not have made the following statement. " were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner? Then he said to him "Rise and go; your faith has made you well" Luke 17:19. Some bible scholars say the one that gave thanks was made whole.
An African proverb says "a river that forget its source wI'll soon dry up". The Israelites forgot their source in the old testament and became prey to their enemies. People who were once the dread of their enemies later became captives in the land of promise-HOW SAD!
Think back for a moment on the mighty victories God has done for you. Miracles of healing or deliverance from the bondage of sickness or addiction. Did you remember to show gratitude?
Take time today to remember God's faithfulness and how He has seen you through the many stages of your life.
TIPS ON GRATITUDE.
- Count your blessings.
- Be content.
- Focus right-gratitude puts situations in perspective. It says "it could be worse"
- Never give up on hope.
- Appreciate the little things.
- Celebrate every milestone and small successes.
- Sometimes it's not about what you don't have but what you do.
- DO not envy- it's not really greener on the other side of the fence.
- Say it-Always show appreciation.
- Gratitude takes the focus off you-its selfless.
- Gratitude enhances relationships.
- Practice attitude daily. It will change your outlook on life and people.
Right now is a good place and time to start. Bring out a journal and start writing.