Sunday 22 September 2013

What God can do

It’s been a busy yet amazing couple of days. It all started when I received a call that I'd been allocated a council house. "Hello", the woman at the other end of the call repeated as I remained silent. I didn't believe my ears at least not till I held the keys to this fabulous looking brand new two bed house. It wasn't your typical council house in a decrepit estate but a lovely house in a new family friendly environment –the houses were barely four years old. Gently, I walked through the glass doors, tentatively opening the doors to the rooms and pinching myself to check If I was dreaming or not. The rooms were bare and the floors cold beneath my feet as I'd taken off my shoes to feel the floors. With mouth wide open, I opened this much appreciated gift in my hands. It had a walk in closet for my very many shoes and lots of other storage places. “HEAVEN DIVINE”, I yelled as I ran up the stairs like a little kid in a candy store. You see, I had applied for a council house about six years ago but barely imagined myself getting anything like what I'm seeing. What I was viewing was beyond my imagination. The lord had surpassed my imagination! It had to be Jesus I told myself as I rolled on the floor in awe of His majesty. Words could not describe how I felt but He that had given this beautiful gift understood perfectly where my praise was coming from. You see it’s easier for the proverbial camel to pass through the eyes of a needle" than it is to get a council house these days. A lot of people had to lobby public representatives most times to no avail. I'd never bothered going that route. I just don't know how to "lick asses"(no offence meant pls), so I'd allowed my application to simply be!. The last time I got a call from the council representative to update my details and I'd bothered to ask about the status of my application, I WAS TOLD THERE WERE TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE AHEAD OF ME. With that number, where would I start the lobbying from? Who would even lobby for insignificant little me, with no political or economical muscle whatsoever! So I handed the matter to the only muscle I could pull, JESUS. Can you now understand a bit of my PRAISE? God bypassed the ten thousand people to favour ME! He did not just give me any house but gave me a BRAND NEW HOUSE to do what I would with. Standing in front of me was a canvass of a house to decorate as I wished. This God is SIMPLY AMAZING. He is the HELPER of the helpless, FATHER of the fatherless and HOPE of the hopeless. He DEFENDS the defenceless and HE HAS BEEN MY DEFENCE. In the land of my sojourn the lord has PROSPERED ME. Since this year, I've opened a lot of presents from one who understood my fears and had spoken life back into my lifelessness (told you, I've plenty gist's for you, would unfold them in time). Let me tell you what this has God has done for me. like Obed edom in 2 Sam 6:12-19, a situation meant to bring me shame has inadvertently been my stepping stone to glory In less than three months I have been blessed with a new house and a new car without any assistance from any one. I neither borrowed nor begged-ALL HIS DOING. Aside from the material blessings, I'm blessed with a group of youths that I teach and a wonderful choir that I lead. Everyday this motley crew of young boys and girls bring delight to my heart. Did I mention that that there is LOVE IN THE AIR? Well that's gist for another day but its part of what MY GOD CAN DO. PS that's not my new place just me sneaking in a picture before ministers meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment