Friday 2 September 2016

Keep the vision in view

The last thing I wanted to do this morning was exercise but I had given myself  a 30 day weight loss challenge and it was just day two!! Day two and I lacked motivation to move!! Then I remembered the reason for the weight loss journey in the first place and this got me off my lazy ****** and back on track.

Sheroes Award night, an annual event organised by the multi talented broadcaster Yemi Adenuga is coming up in October and I want to look my absolute best.
Sheroes 2016

The award night is to celebrate women who inspire,impact and influence in Ireland and beyond in different spheres. Last year was amazing and this year will be more so knowing Aunty Yemi as I do
Yemi Adenuga
I had the perfect dress and have the picture of how I want to look come October 2016 and that "picture" was all the fuel to get me going
Exercise mode
Weight loss experts tell people to have a vision of their anticipated end result for the weight loss journey to be successful. The picture of the end result serves as fuel when you lose motivation, the vision will help you back on track. For me its the silver/black dress in my wardrobe
Hebrews 12: 2 "Looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith". The vision is ahead not behind. It is an onward and forward outlook. So look ahead. Every goal is a future driven event and your vision fuels your goals.
It also pays to write the whys and hows down. These will serve as reminders along the way.
Habakkuk 2:2 "write the vision down; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it".
Don't just envisage the dream run with it!! Bring to life whats on paper! Don't just write it down, Give wings to your dream.
While trying to lose weight for Sheroes night, I am enjoying the daily walk, watching people as they go about their business and getting inspired along the way. These makes it all worth it. Aside your primary motive, as you give expression to your dream you will start to achieve even unidentified lesser goals. Remember its ok to start small and work it up from there. Just never lose sight of the vision. Now time to shed more flabs!
What I wore last year

TIPS TO REMEMBER

  • Have a goal
  • Picture it
  • write it down
  • keep it in view
  • be committed
  • Focus
  • Determination
  • have a strategy
  • have a time frame
  • break it into small achievable bits
  • run with it
  • it wont always be convenient but it will be worth it




No comments:

Post a Comment